Sunday, December 13, 2009

Visa Application



This picture is my attempt to give an excuse for my blogging absence over the past few weeks. Now that all the paperwork for my visa is ready (woo hoo!), I hope to post more thoughts to blogging world shortly! Till then, I'm leaving you with a fantastic quote I stumbled upon:  


We do NOT need the grace of God to withstand crises- human nature
and pride are sufficient for us to face the stress and strain magnificently.
But it DOES require the supernatural grace of God to
live twenty-four hours of every day as a saint, 
going through drudgery, and living an ordinary, unnoticed,
and ignored existence as a disciple of Jesus.


It is ingrained in us that we have to do exceptional things for God-
but we do not.
We have to be exceptional in the ordinary things of life,
and holy on the ordinary streets,
among ordinary people- and this is not learned in five minutes."


-Oswald Chambers "My Utmost for His Highest" -Oct 21 entry
By the way, if you don't have this book, GET IT!!! Right now, for under $5!!! Go, Go, Go! 


Merry Christmas!
Kat

2 comments:

Kelsey Claire said...

That is a crazy amount of paperwork! You have more perseverance than I do. Love you!

Carrie Cooper said...

Carrie @ comfortedbyGod.blogspot.com

Wow, that's almost a dissertation! Love the quote--I need God to transform me in the little things (my attitude, kind words to my kids) every day. I definitely need His power during stressful times.

Keep up the hard work. We're praying for you!