Friday, May 30, 2008

2 weeks!

Thanks for checking out my blog! I can't believe how long it has been since my last posting! I also can't believe that I leave in LESS THAN 2 WEEKS!

To update- all the needed financial support has been raised!!!! Praise the Lord! A big thank you to those that donated, prayed about donating, or just prayed-you are HUGE blessing! As I mentioned earlier, I hope and pray that you feel like a part of this ministry. Without you, this trip would not be possible!

I officially fly out of Dallas on June 10th. I will be spending around 3 weeks in Montenegro and 5 days in Thailand. If you are wondering why I am spending more time in Montenegro, it is because they have some specific ministry needs for the summer and an easier housing set up. I arrive back in Dallas on July 20th. 

Because of flight arrangements and the challenge of coordinating transportation/schedules  to the different areas, I will also have an opportunity to take a few "tourist" days in the midst of my stops in Montenegro and Thailand. Basically, I changed 4 hour layovers into 2 day layovers. I will be having extra stops in Rome (not overnight), Athens, Hong Kong, and Los Angeles. No support money will be used for this part of the trip. It added no extra cost to the plane ticket, and I will be paying any additional costs out my own pocket. If you know of anyone in these areas, I would love to meet up with them!

"Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:30-31

 The last few weeks have been very hectic for me, and it doesn't look to slow down any leading up the departure date! I praise the Lord for the way he has given me energy, the ability manage the schedule, and good health.  I truly don't believe there is any other explanation as to how smoothly the last few weeks have gone. As the old saying goes, "If the Lord calls you to it, He'll see you through it."

Thanks for checking in- I appreciate all of you! 

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Hey! I will be in Chiang Mai the same days you will be! Maybe we'll run into each other, God willing!

Melissa said...

YAE KAT! Know that we will be praying for you the whole way! And JJ says "HI." Or, he would if he could talk. ;-)

Dianne said...

do you know ka ki? she lives in hong kong... she's pretty cool. :-P and too bad i won't be in LA by then, too! have an awesome trip! enjoy all your fun stopovers!

Killian said...

Have an amazing trip, Kat! I'll be praying for you!