Monday, June 9, 2008

And I'm off!!!


Okay..... I admit it. I used moving day as an opportunity to put a shameless "my-niece-is-cuter-than-your-niece" picture up, but I couldn't help it. Can you seriously blame me? Meet Karlie, born to the Moy family on August 14th, 2007. Although my brother and father did all the heavy lifting, Karlie helped us a lot on moving day by giving us a smiling face to come "home" to!

So... there you have it. On Saturday, I moved all of my belongings into storage until I get back on July 20th. I fly out of Montenegro  TUESDAY afternoon (yes, tomorrow!) at 12:15. Next post will be after I get settled in! 

In preparation of leaving, I want to share with you one of my favorite passages in all of scripture:

"But thanks be to God, who in Christ ALWAYS leads us in triumphal procession and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere. For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life. Who is sufficient for these things?" 2 Corinthians 2:14-16

Friends, I definitely do not feel sufficient for these things on my own. But, I DO feel sufficient by the work of Jesus in me. I know He has led me to take this trip, and I rejoice that His grace is sufficient for me and that His power is made perfect in my many weaknesses. (2 corinthians 12:9). May his light shine through me thoughout this trip and to Him be all the glory.

Blessings to all...

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

Hope you enjoy your trip, as Im sure you will. Just look at Karlie if you ever need to smile. =)

Be careful. Sherman Bible is praying for you. You are on the prayer list..

Anonymous said...

you're gone! i'm glad...just because its a day of rejoicing in HIS faithfulness! i'll be typing to you soon...

Lori Hickey Crosspoint Church - McKinney, Texas said...

Kat -
Tonight, we will pray for you and your trip at the prayer meeting at church. We will pray scripture over you. I will continue to pray for you throughout the entirety of your trip. Got an address for a care package? Have any requests for what goes in it?